Thursday 18 January 2018

Double welcome to todays Guest, Lula !

Hello and welcome back ! Today we are welcoming Lula as our Guest but as the title suggests this is a double welcome as Lula is also joining the Stamps and Stencils Design Team ! So, let's move on to hear from Lula and please give her a warm welcome.


First of all let me say I feel so honoured to be invited here and have a possibility to introduce my work.

How long have you been crafting for ?
 I started my crafting journey 7 years ago. 
 
What or who inspired you to start crafting ?
 I was inspired by my son's friend (much younger than me) who invited me for a card-making meeting.
 
What is your favourite technique ?
 I love all of them but mixed media is definitely my favourite thing.
 
 
What excites you most about crafting ? 
I'm never satisfied doing things the usual way, so I'm always trying to find ways to be a bit different.
 
What is your 'go to' product and why ?
 Definitely gesso is the product I use all the time. It is such a versatile product: primer, texture maker, highlighter, transfer medium...etc. Love using both white and black.
 
 
Who would you most like to take a class with ?
 I would like to take a class with Seth Apter. I think he is a large format artist and his mixed media masterpieces are so inspiring! Love his grunge style.
 
What's your favourite style of crafting i.e. journalling, altered items etc.. ?
 I enjoy making almost anything from tags to art journaling, but I love altered art projects and creative upcycling always makes me happy.
 
 
 
Where do you find inspiration? 
 My inspiration come mostly from long walks and nature watching, reading books and music I listen to.

We are so excited that Lula is joining the team and as you can see Lula's work is just stunning !

The current challenge On the Bright Side still has plenty of time to go, so it would be great to see your entries !

8 comments:

  1. Congrats Lula! Have fun - great to see your fantastic pieces here! ♥
    I love your unique Mixed Media style!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge welcome Lula ! Looking forward to having you on the team ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Lula, delighted you’re joining us and can’t wait to see what you create! Hugs Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you Lula! Looking forward to your creations!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Lula! So happy that you are joining us. You are going to be a great addition to this fab team! Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Lula. What wonderful inspirational projects x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A warm welcome to Lula, and big congratulations Lula for your delightful and very inspiring mixed-media projects!!
    Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Lula and thank you for sharing your beautiful artwork

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete