Thursday 20 April 2017

Welcome to today's Guest Desinger, Elli !

Today we are welcoming back Elli who was the winner of the Texture, Crackle and Paint challenge and was therefore invited to join us as Guest Designer. Let's move on to hear from Elli !



Hi there!

I'm Elli and I'm very happy to be a guest designer at Stamps and Stencils. I’m a stay-at-home mother of two lovely children. And I have a wonderful husband, who supports me in all my adventures.

Been through many hobbies, but since I discovered scrapbooking and especially mixed media, they turned into a real passion. In my projects I love trying out new techniques and designs and adore playing with textures, layers, colors, stamps, splashing and flowers!

For the current challenge "Lucky Star" I created a Mixed Media Watercolor Glitter Canvas "Little Sparkle".


I made step-by-step tutorial so you can follow the whole process how I created the canvas. 


 1. I started with stamping the ballerina and the ballet shoes from the Gabrielle Pollacco's Haute Couture Stamp Set, sprinkled some clear embossing powder and hot embossed with the heat tool.


 2. Next, I added some color using the Lindy’s Magicals and Prima Color Bloom Mists. First I sprayed some water over the canvas, then sprinkled some pigment powders and added more water and mists. And let the colors blend.


 3. Then, I stamped two kind of stars around the ballerina.


 4. Next, I added more texture by applying modelling paste through a Starburst stencil.


 5. I mixed some pink art sugar and 3D Matte Gel to cover the dress and the shoes. Then I added some glitter nail polish for more shine.


 6. Next I hot glued a lot of sweetheart blossoms and roses and colored them with magicals pigment powders.


 7. Then I distressed the edges and highlighted the flowers with Inka Gold. I also added some white, red and black splatters around the ballerina "masking it off" with a piece of paper.


 8. Next I glued some Art Pebbles, edged them with a turquoise mist and let the color flow down. I added some highlights with a Gloss Paint Marker and the Faber-Castell Artist Pen Big Brush.


 9. At the end I added more texture and shine with Mini Prills, Gala Glitz, Glitter Embossing Powders and homemade glitter mix.

And voilĂ  - here is the finished canvas:


 Hope you like it!

You are very welcome to visit my blog at Made With Love by Elli . Here you can find more close-ups and the full list of supplies I used. Have a nice day!

Hugs,
Elli

I'm sure you'll all agree Elli's canvas is absolutely gorgeous ! You still have time to join us for the current challenge Lucky Star.

5 comments:

  1. You are such a doll Elli! And your ballerina canvas is exquisite! We are honored to have you as our guest. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous creation Elli !!

    ReplyDelete