Thursday 8 June 2017

A word very close to my heart!

Hello there! Its Rachel here with another take on this months challenge set by Sue - words with meaning. This time I decided to use just one word and decorate the letters in it in different ways. The word is craft - its got me through allsorts that life has thrown at me and so for that alone is incredibly important. I know many of you find it really helpful too!

Here's the final piece...

Each letter was firstly gessoed then painted in acrylic paint in a shade of green or yellow. Then I treated them separately.

The C was treated with the Tim Holtz distress mosaic kit.



Next for the R .... this was stamped and painted...


The A was simply stencilled ...


F was stencilled with crackle paste and then gone over with distress oxide. I also stamped too.


T was painted in crackle glaze and gone over in more paint.


I hope you like my ideas ... perhaps you can decorate a word that is important to you and enter our challenge?

Hugs

Rachel xxx




8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Rachel! This word is certainly close to my heart as well! ;0 I just adore each and every treatment of these gorgeous letters. I know you will treasure this and display it proudly. Wonderful inspiration! The prettiest mosaic I have seen. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic project Rachel ! Each letter is so beautiful and they all showcase fabulous techniques to boot ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your project Rachel, it looks amazing with each of the letters being treated differently. My particular favourite is the crackle! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Rachel! Love all the different techniques you have used, I totally agree with you on the importance of having craft in in our lives.! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAB-U-LOUS! Love how each letter is treated differently so they are individual little works of art. That is definitely a word with meaning to all of us.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great word! I don't think we need to be reminded to craft, do we?! Ha! Ha! But what an inspiring project! I love reading how you've finished each of the letters--5 works of art! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thankyou so much - you have all been very kind!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry so late commenting Rachel, the letters are each a work of art...all tying in beautifully...think the C is my favourite though! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete