Thursday 21 September 2017

Meet today's guest, Nate !

Hello ! Welcome back, today we have a little something different for you. We've changed the format of the Guest Designer post to more of an interview format so you get to know a little more about our guest and what really makes them tick ! Our first guest to use this format is Nate who was the winner of the Colour, Texture, Shape challenge. So, let's move on to learn a little more about our guest ....


Hello everyone ! 
I am Nate, I live in France and I am passionate about crafting ! 
Thanks to all the Stamps and Stencils team for inviting me to be their guest. 
It's a great opportunity for me to show you the world I've created through my blog. 
I discovered crafting 15 years ago and fell in love when I discovered the craft shops in Paris, the magazines that were published and the blogs that I saw. This is when my blog started in 2007, Le Scrap de Nate.  
I quickly found my style and with time this took on another dimension. I began by creating pages, cards, mini albums, frames  - keepsakes for my family. I took part in challenges on various blogs that motivated me and eventually became a DT member for a French team - Infiniment Scrap, also Scrapsanctuary and currently Sandee and Amelie's.
During this period of discovery I've tested various techniques and products: inks, hot and cold embossing, various papers including G45, pastes, paints, masks and stamps. I am currently also on the Decoart program. 
After trying different styles I must say, with time, my inspiration has moved towards recycling objects to transform and pat ! I moved on to Steampunk and also vintage, which I love. 
I have some projects to share with you that I have entered into some of the Stamps and Stencils challenges:







Thank you everyone for the invitation to join you for today ! 
Nate 

Thank you so much Nate for sharing your crafty journey with us, it's really interesting to see how you got started and the direction you've travelled in. If you would like to join us and share your crafty journey then all you need to do is join in with the current challenge which is Metallics and is open until the 4 October.





6 comments:

  1. Welcome Nate! You are one of my favorite artists and your frequent contributions to our challenge always make me smile! Thanks for sharing a little more about yourself and for sharing these lovely projects with us today. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci beaucoup Autumn, j'ai toujours de belles inspirations à vos challenges de par votre fabuleuse équipe à bientôt Nate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful projects and so lovely to hear a bit more about your creative influences, thanks for sharing these with us Ruth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful... Great to see Nate there, her artwork is always amazing and stunning! She well deserve the honour!!! Hugs xx
    Que c'est beau... Bravo Nate, une belle place d'invitée d'honneur bien méritée !!! Contente de voir cette rétrospective de ton art. Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to 'meet' you Nate! Thankyou for sharing some of your beautiful work with us. Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented, Nate!!! Thank you for sharing your fascinating artworks with us. They are so beautiful!!!
    Henry

    ReplyDelete