Thursday 23 November 2017

one stamp - 3 ways

Hello there! Rachel here with you today and I want to show you three ways to use your stamps to make toppers of for mixed media work. I suspect many of you will know these ways but I thought I would put it down here in case some of the ideas are new to you!


So here are my three beautiful seahorses - all very different, all made using the same stamp from Chocolate Baroque.


With the first one I used a technique I learned at the recent Ministry of Mixology retreat in coventry. I used 'das' air dry clay and pressed it flat then pressed my stamp into it. Whilst the clay was still soft I used a palette knife to cut away the excess then left it to dry....


This was the result in about 48 hours...


I then coloured it using distress inks and gilding wax to colour although I could have used paints!


This one was made using fusible film and fibres - I did a tutorial on this technique here.


Finally I used gold relief paste and layered it onto the stamp using a palette knife and again left it to dry. The result is a beautiful golden seahorse that will look fabulous on any card or project! This took about 36 hours to dry and is soft like a skin!


I hope this has given you some inspiration on ways to use your stamps!

Big hugs

Rachel xx

6 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Rachel, thank you for the ideas.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great techniques Rachel, the seahorses are all beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All new techniques to me...Thank you for the fabulous inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rachel ! Some great techniques here, glad to see you putting you MOM knowledge to good use ! Need to have a go with film and fibres had them for years but only tried it once,, love the golden seahorse too Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great stamp and beautiful uses for it. Excellent ideas Rachel, thank you! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete