Thursday 15 February 2018

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Kate !

Hello and welcome back ! Today we are welcoming Kate who was the winner of the It's Beginning to look alot like Christmas challenge.



I am so honored to be guest posting today. I am a mommy to three little people and a wife to a wonderful man. When I am not doing mommy stuff I can be found reading or in my craft area art journaling and sewing pretty clothes for my daughter. I have been creating with paper and paint ever since I was little but just recently found art journaling .


To begin, I chose three stencils to collage together in the background.

 Using grunge paste, I stenciled my background being careful to make placement appear random.



Two colours of paint were added over the background once the grunge paste was dry.



To apply the embossing paste to specific areas I dabbed my finger in embossing ink and rubbed the ink over the textured areas. Gold embossing powder was sprinkled on and heated.

Golden Sands Infusions was sprinkled, sprayed with water for activation and dried with a heat gun.



Violetia Infusions was sprinkled, sprayed with water and dried with a heat gun.

I stamped with a Japanese wave stamp.

 
A white out pen was used to embellish the hand and doodle around the edges of the layout.


Next I added fibers, chipboard pieces and a stamped image as my focal point. Black paint and gesso were splattered to complete the layout.

A huge thank you to Kate for sharing this fabulous journal page with us. You still have plenty of time to join in with the current challenge, Off to Collage.





9 comments:

  1. Fabulous to have Kate as a guest here this month, she does the most amazing journal pages and this one is no exception, absolute love the colours and textures and Indian theme, perfect collaging. Thanks Kate! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic spread, amazing textures and colour effects, - beautiful and inspiring work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations on your win and being a Guest Designer! Your pages are so beautiful with the amazing texture you created with those stencils, grunge paste paints and inks, and the pretty embellishments that you layered together are perfect 😁. Happy Friday and wishing you a lovely weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pages Kate! I love the way you have used patterned paper and stencilled over it with the grunge paste. I've never thought to use it that way. I love how it shows through the layers. Really lovely work! Thank you for being our guest designer . Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your spread is so rich in texture and full of life! Gorgeous and I like the lovely photo of you!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous. Rich in texture, design and colour. Love the white highlights. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. the texture in your work always is great! nice to see all the steps and your photo is awesome! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful Kate! I really love the layout of your spread.
    Congrats on your guest spot!!
    and don't you just love those infusions??
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is really amazing - lovely to see your layering - its fabulous! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete