Thursday 22 March 2018

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Helen !

Today we are welcoming Helen Liu of Happy Stamping and Happy Life as our Guest Designer. Helen was the chosen winner of the On the Bright Side challenge. Let's move on to hear from Helen:


I’d like to thank the Stamps and Stencils DT for inviting me. I am thrilled and absolutely honoured. My name is Helen Liu. I live in Taipei, Taiwan and work full-time as a Banker in a Commercial Bank. I enjoy making cards/tags in my leisure time as it eases my work tension and balances my life. 
We asked Helen a few questions to get to know her a little better and find our more about her crafting: 

1.How long have you been crafting for ?

I started my stamping journey about 12 years ago. Wow!

2.What or who inspired you to start crafting ?

My crafting journey began with a few stamps and inkpads I bought for my daughter as her 5-year birthday gift. I then played with her and gradually fell in love with this hobby.

3.What is your favourite technique?

Stenciling with all kinds of Distress products and Mixed Media are my favorite technique. 


4.What excites you most about crafting?

The WOWs I get from my card recipients or whoever sees my artworks really make me thrilled.

5.What is your 'go to' product and why?

I have been addicted to stencils in recent years. Stencils are inexpensive and can be used to build layers with inks, paints and pastes, to create emboss effect like embossing folder, to doodle, to serve as stamps or even to play resist techniques. You can use stencils to create sophisticated Mixed Media projects or Clean & Simple cards. The possibilities are endless. 


6.Who would you most like to take a class with?

I love to take on-line classes alone due to time consideration and flexibility. I’ve taken Online Card Classes run by Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner, and also some Mixed Media classes taught by Shari Carroll, Marjie Kemper, Vicky Papaioannou via Craftsy.

7.What's your favourite style of crafting i.e. journalling, altered items etc.. ?

I like to make cards and tags. I like elegant images and colorful palette. And I am addicted to play techniques. If I have to name a favorite style, that would be feminine, multicolored and technique-driven. 


8.Where do you find inspiration?

I find inspirations from blog challenge themes and some blogs that I follow, including Stamps and Stencils.

Thank you so much Helen for sharing more about yourself and your crafting and also the 3 fabulous projects.

There's still time to join in with the current challenge Wax Lyrical.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for picking me as the winner of On the Bright Side challenge (http://stampsandstencils.blogspot.tw/2018/02/winners-on-bright-side.html )and offering me such Guest Post. I’m thrilled and honored. Stamps and Stencils Challenge Blog is an important inspiration source for me. I’d like to thank the talented DTs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, thanks so much for being our guest and letting us know a little bit more about you. I love all the samples you’ve shared and it’s lovely that your crafting journey started with your daughters gift, it’s lovely to create with family! I really love the last card, so pretty! Thanks again for sharing Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thank you Helen, it was lovely to read about your creative life and the work you have shared with us is just gorgeous. I'm not surprised that you get such positive feedback from the recipients of your cards! Thank you so much for being our guest designer. Toni x

    ReplyDelete