Thursday 19 July 2018

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Anne !

Hello and welcome back ! Today we are joined by another lady who is very well known in blogland. Anne Redfern was the winner of the Let's Fake it challenge and was therefore invited to join us for a day. We asked Anne a few questions and also asked her to share her 3 favourite projects:


Hello, my name is Anne Redfern, aka Redanne.  I live close to the countryside in the beautiful County of Cheshire, England.  I have been crafting in some form or other since I was a child.  I love mixed media, vintage and 3D crafting. My style is eclectic and I love trying out new things and if it is messy, so much the better! 

I am so thrilled to have been asked to share some of my projects here, as Guest at Stamps & Stencils.  I have huge admiration for the Design Team and love the mix of projects they bring to us for inspiration!

How long have you been crafting for ?
 
I have been crafting in some form or other all my life but only seriously for about 6 or 7 years.

Who or what inspired you to start crafting ?
 
I went to a local craft shop, just out of interest, and saw a man demonstrating a Big Shot machine and doing some stamping.  Within minutes I was hooked, bought the machine and some stamps and have never looked back since.

What is your favourite technique ?
 
My favourite technique, at the moment, is brayering with paint and ink.  I love that it turns out differently each time and creates wonderful texture.

 http://bollyanne.blogspot.com/2018/06/aall-and-create-weekend.html



What excites you most about crafting ?
 
I think what excites me most about crafting is the huge diversity of products (and techniques) available.  Just when you think no-one can possibly come up with anything different, they do just that...

What is your 'go to' craft product and why?
 
Tough question but I think my go to craft product is Multi Matte Medium and although it does not dry very quickly, it will stick just about anything to anything!  It is so versatile.

http://bollyanne.blogspot.com/2018/07/book-club-2-eileen-hull-wrapped-journal.html


Who would you most like to take a class with ?
 
I am very lucky to have taken craft classes with a few of my crafting heroes but I would love to take a craft class with Richele Christensen who works with Tim Holtz, I just love her vintage style.

What's your favourite style of crafting i.e. journalling, altered items etc..
 
My favourite style of crafting is most definitely 3D, I just love dimension!

http://bollyanne.blogspot.com/2016/10/make-it-spooky-at-vintage-journey.html


Where do you find inspiration?
 
I find inspiration from many sources, Pinterest, other crafter's blogs, Craft Stamper Magazine, nature and also YouTube.

Thank you so much Anne for sharing this insight into your crafting journey. 

If you would like to join us for a day the current challenge is Ombre and there is still plenty of time to join in.

34 comments:

  1. Anne is such and amazing creative artist, there are many that would like to take a class with Anne herself.. I know I would.
    Fabulous spotlight GD feature showcasing a smidgen of Anne's multi talents. Truly inspirational.
    Creative wishes Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey, thank you so much for your kind and generous comment! <3 xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for having me as Guest Designer, I feel very honoured indeed! Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous projects Anne, and so delighted to read your post. Huge congratulations ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, as always, for your kind comment Tracy <3 xx

      Delete
  4. Speaking of "crafting heroes..." Anne, you are definitely one of mine !. Thank you so much for being our guest today and sharing a few of your fabulous projects. You always acheive such a beautiful finish on your work and it seems to me that you can turn your hand to any number of different genre and still impart your own unique interpretation. I would also like to say that you are always most generous in sharing your knowledge with other crafters. There are many peeps out there who I'm sure would like to join me in saying a big Thankyou ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGoodness Toni, what a lovely thing to say, I appreciate it, and you, very much! <3 xx

      Delete
  5. Congrats Anne!! The highlighted projects here are stunning. You are so very talented my friend. It was fun to hear more about you! Hugs -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mary Elizabeth, I truly appreciate it! <3 xx

      Delete
  6. Anne your work is totally amazing xxxx love what you have shown xxxx. Tina xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, than you so much for your kind comment! <3 xx

      Delete
  7. Anne's projects are always amazing and so inspiring!! What a beautiful post filled with stunning projects from one of my very favorite crafters!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thank you, you know how much I appreciate it! <3 xx

      Delete
  8. Wow Anne - you are such a legend - amazing work and a very beautiful person too! Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three fabulous creations that truly show how versatile, skilled and amazing you are Anne xx
    Lovely to see you here as GD today and its clear how much you are loved with all of these amazing comments and I am sure there are more to come xx

    TFS and hugs dear friend
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Anne, of course I remember all of these stunning projects, each one is just absolutely amazing. I remember my jaw hitting the floor when I first saw the 3D Halloween house, but your other projects are just as wonderful! Your work is stunning!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for being our guest and sharing your amazing art with us...so glad you shared your 3D work because it’s AWESOME. I love your work Anne and yes that Halloween house is one of my all time fave projects of yours AMAZING! thanks again Ruth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not only is Anne an outstanding and creative artist, she is also a lovely woman and a dear friend to many. I enjoyed the interview very much and love that you showcased some of Anne's many extraordinary works of art! Thank you! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow Anne, love what you create, you’re such an inspiration ❤️ Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much Rachel, Annie, Astrid, Ruth, Darnell and Carolyn for making this old girl smile, with your wonderful comments, you have all made my day! <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have know Anne for several years now and find her quite delightful. I am fortunate to have several of her makes and some of them are 3D as well. She is a fabulous artist and her friendship makes my heart smile. Love to you Anne!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats, Anne! These and all your creations are perfection. I truly appreciate how well you photograph and explain, as well as how you list the sources and supplies. I’ve learned so much and love your aesthetic. Thanks, and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely stunning projects, all three so beautiful, different, and representative of your wonderful art, Anne!!!
    A Guest post and invite SO well deserved. Thank you for this very lovely presentation Anne and Sue, I really enjoyed reading your post and seeing these three unique pieces from a recent past, will have a look at them! Thank you for the direct links
    Happy Summer to everyone!
    Hugs,
    Corinne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Anne on your GD feature. Loved reading and seeing your amazing projects . You are an incredibly talented, lovely lady .
    Hugs Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great interview Anne and great projects as always. You may like your 3D models best but I love all your leather albums too! Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing projects and also favorites of mine too! Congrats for being the GD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats to you dear Anne and thanks for resharing these fabulous projects! You are so talented ,my friend!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Anne, and what fabulous pieces xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations, Anne! Beautiful projects, different and reflecting your art (maybe a little red is missing;) ). A great inspiration for me!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your GDT post! I love your projects and range of style, your creations are always wonderful and amazing! The haunted house is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your projects are always inspiring and you are always very generous with your time in posting and commenting An inspiration to us all great to see you highlighted x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic to see Anne feature here. Congratulations Anne - you are an amazingly talented crafter. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  27. You made great progress.This is really pretty and good idea on site !

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  28. You made All Beatiful project. Congratulation
    Fabulous

    ReplyDelete