Thursday 16 April 2015

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Annie !

Today we are welcoming a Guest Designer who I know won't be a stranger to you. Annie of Curious and Crafty Treasures. I'm sure you'll all give Annie a warm welcome !

Hi everyone..it’s Annie here as Guest Designer for Stamps and Stencils challenge theme of 'Anything Goes’. 
I was so thrilled to be invited to take part in this month’s challenge, which is the first here at Stamps and Stencil’s blog. The  very talented Design Team have created some fabulous, inspiring projects and I hope you will find time to take part in this “for fun” challenge. 
As many of you know I  have been crafting for over 20 years dabbling in a variety of  styles, but mainly vintage/grunge. I am a huge fan of all things Ranger and Tim Holtz so of course I had to create a project using stamps/stencils and Idea-Ology pieces from Tim’s vast range. Mixed Media is fairly new for me but I am really enjoying the way that I can incorporate paints/gesso/texture paste in to  so many projects and it’s nice to recycle items too. 

For my project below I used the aluminium from a drinks can and some leather pieces from an old discarded purse in my stash. The large wooden tag was a recent purchase and was reduced to 50 pence in M&Co, so of course I just had to buy a few !!!!


Firstly I stamped on the aluminium using Jet Black Archival Ink from Ranger. ( see below) The gentleman is from Stamper’s Anonymous Tim Holtz Purveyor Stamp Set. A China Blue Distress Marker was used to colour the gentleman’s eyes.  To attach the aluminium to the leather I used my WRMK Cropodile to punch some holes and some nail headed brads.


The wooden tag was given two coats of Decoart Chalk Paint in Rustic, then Decoart Crackle Medium was applied. 


Once the crackle medium was almost dry I applied Decoart Chalk Paint in Whisper and you can see the fabulous crackle below. 


Decoart Media Texture Paste in Black was applied through Tim Holtz Cargo Stencil and also the Schoolhouse Stencil


Vintage Photo, Black Soot and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks were applied to the wooden tag, providing an aged appearance. Edging the tag with the Black Soot really defined the edges, making them pop.
I also applied some Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks to the edges of the leather.


Below is how the tag looked before I altered it.


And this is the finished piece……………..!!


Below is a closer look at the stamped images from the Purveyor Stamp Set. The  stamped papers were aged with Distress Ink and then wrinkled, spritzed and flicked with water. Some gears, a timepiece and spinner as well as a  metal wing complete the look.


Thank You once again to Sue, Yvonne, Julia, Toni, Ruth and Sharon for having me join in with them on this fantastic journey. I wish you all the very best and hope to catch up with you again. 

Crafty Hugs And Best Wishes

Annie xx

Apologies for the blip earlier with the photos not being loaded properly....these things do happen! 

20 comments:

  1. Is it just me, or are the photographs missing in action? Guess I will check back later. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I can't see the photos either. They are fine in the post before this one so I suspect it is just an issue with this post. Can't wait to check them out so I will check back later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No pictures showing at all . Sorry. X Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems to be the same with all of us, anyway this can be fixed?? Such a shame :o(

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry re the photos, of all the days it happens it would be when we weren't able to get to a computer till this evening!! Thankfully Annie has been very understanding. Want to say a huge thank you to Annie, lovely to have her with us again.
    Love your vintage recycling tag! The use of stamped metal and that crackle is just wonderful. A fabulous inspirational post! From all of us at Stamps and Stencils THANKYOU!! Hugs Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tag and all the useful upcycling ideas you have shared with us Annie, many thanks and lovely to see you again.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous tag Annie ! love your stamping on the aluminium and the industrial style brads. The crackle finish is just gorgeous too! Lovely to see you here Toni x,

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad I came back and thanks for fixing it Ruth! This tag is so clever, beautiful layers and great stamping. The crackle and colours look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous work Annie - the crackle is amazing. love it. Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tag is fantastic Annie, I love, love that crackle background, it looks amazing and the stenciling on top really 'pop's beautifully. Your base tag was a great find too! Love your tag! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous tag! I love the different textures and the stamping on aluminium... And the transformation too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous masculine tag, Annie! The crackled background and all the stencil work is amazing. Love that image as well! Happy Weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab tag, Annie!! Love your stamping on the piece of aluminum sheet and the crackly background--just lovely!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic tag Annie, it looks super. Enjoy your weekend, Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful tag, love the stamping onto the aluminium and then mounted onto the leather with rivets, fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great way to repurpose leather and aluminum - it looks rather like a WANTED poster to me - such a great design with the metal bits and stencils - love that creakle too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the recycling Annie a very kewl Tag. Some fab colours used, loving the DecoArt Chalky paint and huge crackle it looks awesome:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great GD spot from Annie - the vintage look and fabulous distressing make this an absolutely cracking tag!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely tag with great vintage feel. Loving the stamping on aluminium, really makes the piece extra special. Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful tag Annie and I'm so pleased you joined us again! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete