Thursday 19 October 2017

Welcome to today's guest designer, Nikki !

Today we are welcoming Nikki of Pawsitively Creative as our Guest Designer. Nikki was the winner of the Technique School challenge and therefore asked to join us for a day. Let's move on to hear from Nikki.



Hello! 

Bio-Hello y'all! Just a quick little introduction about myself. I am a Veterinary Technician for my paying job and a mixed media artist for fun. I enjoy making mini top hats and designs out of the norm. Halloween and Christmas are my favorite holidays! Happy Halloween y'all and Carpe Diem! Hugz! ~Niki aka Pawsitively Creative

This is Niki aka Pawsitively Creative. Thank you for having me as a guest! This is awesome sauce! 
  • How long have you been crafting for ? 
  • I started mixed media about 4 years ago and have expanded since then. Off the page and altered items are among my fave and making mini top hats!  
  • Who or what inspired you to start crafting? 
  • My husband got me back into it after I broke both of my arms. He is the reason I tried mixed media and I thank him greatly for pushing me in a new direction. 
  • What is your favourite technique? 
  • Anything relating to rust. I'll try coffee grounds, cinnamon, rusting powders, and any paints that will result in a rusty look.
  • What excites you most about crafting ?
  •  I never know what the finished design will be. I don't really plan my designs. Sometimes I have an idea and just go with it. 
  • What is your 'go to' craft product and why ?
  • Hmmm, I use so many but probably craft foam.. You can make any shape you want, it is not expensive and you can even make it look like real leather! 
  • Who would you most like to take a class with and why ? 
  •  Probably Finnabair. She has some wonderful texture on her designs and her grungy style is something I enjoy. 
  • What is your favourite style of crafting i.e. journalling, layouts, altered items etc. 
  • My favourite style is mixed media and altered items. I think the two combined are my absolute favourite. An old clock, a glass bottle, the reverse side of a canvas-yeppers, that is fun!
 Here are 2 of Nikki's favourite projects to share with you:




 
 Thank you Nikki for joining us today and sharing your favourite projects ! 

The current challenge is Autumn on a Tag and you still have plenty of time to join in !

4 comments:

  1. I love all of Niki's work and the ones she shared here today are just brilliant and showcase her style so well! It was good to learn more about Niki too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nikki! It's been lovely getting to know you ! Thank you so much for being a regular contributor to our challenges. Your work is always lovely and the two projects you've shared with us today are just gorgeous!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to learn more about you, Niki - I didn't know you'd had a double-arm-break. What a triumph to come back to creating with your amazing mixed-media journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for telling us a little bit more about you, and your inspiration...fantastic projects you’ve shared too Niki. Hugs Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete