This is Niki aka Pawsitively Creative. Thank you for having me as a guest! This is awesome sauce!
- How long have you been crafting for ?
- I started mixed media about 4 years ago and have expanded since then. Off the page and altered items are among my fave and making mini top hats!
- Who or what inspired you to start crafting?
- My husband got me back into it after I broke both of my arms. He is the reason I tried mixed media and I thank him greatly for pushing me in a new direction.
- What is your favourite technique?
- Anything relating to rust. I'll try coffee grounds, cinnamon, rusting powders, and any paints that will result in a rusty look.
- What excites you most about crafting ?
- I never know what the finished design will be. I don't really plan my designs. Sometimes I have an idea and just go with it.
- What is your 'go to' craft product and why ?
- Hmmm, I use so many but probably craft foam.. You can make any shape you want, it is not expensive and you can even make it look like real leather!
- Who would you most like to take a class with and why ?
- Probably Finnabair. She has some wonderful texture on her designs and her grungy style is something I enjoy.
- What is your favourite style of crafting i.e. journalling, layouts, altered items etc.
- My favourite style is mixed media and altered items. I think the two combined are my absolute favourite. An old clock, a glass bottle, the reverse side of a canvas-yeppers, that is fun!
Thank you Nikki for joining us today and sharing your favourite projects !
The current challenge is Autumn on a Tag and you still have plenty of time to join in !