Hi, today we're welcoming back the winner of our first challenge, Esther of Crafty Effusions We loved the stamped mosaic panel that she created for our first challenge and are so happy she's back with us today, having created another wonderful piece for our inspiration post. I'm sure you'll give Esther a warm welcome, so let's hear a little bit more about her before she shares what she's created with you.
I'm Esther and I've been crafting in one form or another since I was a child! I discovered stamping in about 1998 and haven't looked back - I love anything messy and arty and have recently started dabbling with mixed media. It was very exciting to be chosen as the challenge winner and guest designer and I've created a wall plaque of ATCs for the 'Three of a Kind' challenge.
Materials used -
Background board, Sticky back canvas
Self adhesive fun foam (for attaching ATCs)
1. start with old playing cards and a chipboard base.
2. Apply gesso with a pallet knife - this gives more texture than a brush
3. Once gesso is dry spray with ink sprays. I did more cards than I needed until this point as I usually have at least a couple that I don't like much and then I can choose the best ones for the next stages.
4. Stamp ! I've used two background stamps on each ATC - one in white acrylic paint and one in a dark Stazon ink
5. Use a stencil to apply texture - I've used grunge paste on two of my cards and glitter paste on the other Once the embossing/texture past is dry I've coloured the hearts with the dye inks previously used and added some silver Treasure Gold to the stars.
6. Add quotes - I've stamped onto a plain page from an old book and edged with stazon ink (forgot to take a photo of this stage)
7. Once everything was dry and stuck I've added Stickles glitter glue around the edges for a touch of bling ! (again forgot photo)
8. I prepared the board by applying sticky back canvas which I've stamped with stazon and splattered on with the same dye inks I used on the ATCs
9. I've stuck the ATCs onto sticky back fun foam to add some depth and then mounted onto the background board (you could use foam tape, silicon glue or just stick flat with double sided tape)
A huge thank you to Esther for joining us today, I'm sure you'll agree she's created a beautiful trio of ATCs.
Feeling inspired?...You have till June 3rd to join in with our current challenge 'Three of a Kind'.