Hello Artsy Friends,
I’m super excited and honored to be the Guest Designer for Stamps and Stencils’ October Challenge - Spooky Fun with an Autumnal twist.
For today’s challenge - Spooky Fun with an Autumnal twist, I must confess that I’m not really into the spooky things, especially that I don’t have little children around me for some years. Yet I’ve decided to challenge myself to create an Autumnal tag with spooky elements. It’s fun to explore something out of my comfort zone. The following is how I made my tag.
1. Stamp text (Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz) with brown shadow ink on a watercolor paper tag.
2. Apply various Distress Inks on tag.
3. Die cut several leaves die (Sizzix/Tim Holtz) to create a DIY stencil.
4. Apply several Distress Inks over the DIY Leave Stencil to create a tone-on-tone effect.
5. Spread a thin layer of Texture Paste over the Gothic Stencil (Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz) on tag.
6. When dry, the Texture Paste will absorb some of the Distress Inks. Further apply several Distress Inks over the DIY Leave Stencil to enhance the tone-on-tone effect over the raised texture paste pattern.
7. Stamp Halloween elements (Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz) in black, die cut and color. Stamp text (Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz) in VersaMark and Heat Emboss in white on a black card scrap.
Hope this non-traditional Halloween tag is eye-pleasing and inspirational to you. Please join us for this fun challenge and I can't wait to see your artsy project.
Thank you so much for your wonderful project Helen ! There's still plenty of time to join in with the Spooky Fun with an Autumnal Twist challenge.