Thursday 24 March 2016

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Mar !

Today we are welcoming Mar of Margik Art as our Guest Designer. Mar was chosen by the DT as the winner of the Oh So Blue challenge and was therefore invited to join us as Guest Designer.  So, let's move on to hear from Mar  ! 


Hello, I am Mar also known as Margik in blogland, and I am from Spain. I enjoy spending time creating mixed media projects, art journaling, scrapbook mini-albums, altered projects, and I also love painting and drawing. I like to try different things all the time, and I am always looking for new techniques. I really enjoy all types of arts. I started my blog at the end of 2013 to enter challenges and it’s definitely a pleasure to share.

I am delighted and so honored to be a Guest Designer here at fabulous Stamps and Stencils blog. Thanks so much to Sue and the talented team for this opportunity.

For this wonderful ‘Spring is in the Air’ challenge, I created a 20x20 cm (8 x 8 in) canvas using several mixed media techniques, and I have to tell you that I really enjoyed this theme. 


I started by coating the canvas with white gesso and then added a mixture of gel medium matte and Golden Pumice Gel with a palette knife in the center, in order to make an opening to sink the flower stem. After it was completely dry, I applied a new layer of texture paste through a brick wall stencil over the top.


Here is a close up of the brick wall.





Next, I added randomly heavy texture paste with a TH stencil with my palette knife.



At this point, I added some gel medium mixed with Distress Glitter on the edges and the sides of the canvas to create a coherent feel.


Next, I stamped these beautiful flowers (TH flower garden set) with black Archival Ink on watercolour paper and coloured them with -abandoned coral- Distress ink and spray, I then cut out them to add to the background.


Here is how my flowers turned out.









I coloured the background of my canvas with Distress inks and added a few random splatters of Abandoned Coral colour. To finish off, I added a small butterfly and the Spring word on the bottom.








And here is my finished canvas.

Thanks again Sue for inviting me, and I hope you enjoy my project!

I'm sure you'll all agree that Mar's canvas has a beautiful Spring feel about it and has provided even more inspiration for the current challenge, Spring is in the Air !





4 comments:

  1. Thankyou Mar ! Love your fresh Spring canvas with fabulous texture and gorgeous Spring colours. Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Mar for sharing this beautiful canvas with us today! It's bright, cheerful and absolutely awesome! Branka x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful Mar - so perfect for my spring challenge - gorgeous work! Thankyou for joining us at stamps and stencils with your beautiful piece! Big Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely spring vibed canvas, thanks so much for being our guest today, great work. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete