Thursday 22 February 2018

Lady in Collage

Hello and welcome back ! It's Sue here today sharing an Inspirational post in connection with the current challenge, Off to Collage. I've been fortunate to be able to play with the latest Fresco Finish Acrylic paints for Seth Apter by PaperArtsy, the blues and greens in this new set are just gorgeous, so this is where the thought process started.


 It's been ages since I've used my Gelli Plate, pulling a print using fabric is so much fun to do so I spent an enjoyable 2 hours doing just that. Once I'd collected a few prints, some on Smoothy card, I started to piece together my collage.


When I do a large project I usually draw out a rough design, not that it ends up looking like that but it gives me a starting point until the creative process takes over. 


 I've used a various seletion of stencils, the one you can see above is by TCW and works so well on the Gelli plate. This print was pulled using Smoothy card and when I glued it into place the card rippled slightly but I quite like it !


I used Grunge Paste with a couple of Prima stencils and when dry painted them with the new Seth Apter colours. One of my favourite prints from the Gelli plate is on the left hand side of the above photo, it ended up being mostly covered up but I loved how the paint colours blended. I've also stamped onto fabric using Lynne Perella and Wendy Vecchi stamps and layered the pieces up.


This beautiful lady has been in my possession for many months and this is her first outing. Lynne Perella images are always so beautifully designed with a gorgeous elegance about them. I've painted her using Fresco Finish Acrylic paints then mounted the card onto some grey board to give the piece some stability.



Background stamps are a weakness of mine, I could quite happily create backgrounds and never complete a project ! Wendy Vecchi has some fabulous background stamps and I've used one or two and coated the card with Glue'n'Seal so I could paint the card.



 Script stamps are also a weakness and I've used one of the PaperArtsy mini's with Watering Can Arhcival ink but without a block.


 The finished piece with embellishments added.


The little cameo is a brad which I've layered up on some metal filigree pieces. Some splats with Snowflake Fresco Finish acrylic paint and it's finished.

You still have time to join us for the Off to Collage challenge, so a good time for you to use up all those scrap pieces on your desk ?

5 comments:

  1. Love all the layers, makes the piece very textural. Great job, I'll have to have a go at this technique. Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project Sue, I love the fabric gelli printed elements and the Lynne Perella image is so beautifully coloured, so many details as I scan across...book text, stamping and stencilling, a really stunning result! LOVE!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, aaaah - love this piece. The colours are stunning and the layout is perfect. And it is all tied together with wonderful metal elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Sue! Love the colours and wonderful layering X Toni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue this is absolutely stunning - the colours are so fresh and beautiful and the layering works perfectly! Love it to pieces!!! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete