Thursday 16 August 2018

Welcome to today's guest designer, Nikki !

Hello and welcome back ! Today we are welcoming another well known face as our Guest Designer, Nikki Acton !



I am Nikki, from Addicted to Art. I live in Hampshire in the UK, although originally from the Midlands. I have been crafting since late 2013 when a friend introduced me to the world of mixed media, cardmaking and scrapbooking. My style is eclectic but generally a little grungy - although I can be found occasionally being a little cleaner and brighter!




Hi everyone, it is a pleasure to be a guest here today and share a project for the current challenge: Industrial / Grungy.
I decided to alter a coffee tin. I began with a coat of matt medium and then added Deco Art Crackle paint and Texture sand paste – quite randomly in varying thicknesses. Once dry I added some stamping and a little stencilling with texture paste – selecting stencils that were relatively forgiving as stencilling on a curved surface is challenging!
I used Deco Art Media Fluid Acrylics to build up my colours. (Blue Green Light, Transparent Yellow Iron oxide, Quinacridone Gold and Paynes Grey). I stopped after some colour and dried before lightly sanding the stencilled areas to reveal the white texture paste. This allowed the additional colours to be bolder over these areas. Once it was dry I added a little more stamping in archival black ink.



I cut some cogs (Tim Holtz Gearheads die) of different sizes and divided them into 3 piles as I wanted them all to have different colours. I brayed each set with a metallic paint either silver, gold or copper – brayering allowing some of the white card to still show. I then added coloured paint as shown in the photograph below.



Finally to arrange and adhere my cogs. I decide on the front and focussed on this area, also adding a few around the circumference of the tin too. I added a Tim Holtz quote chip which I coloured with Quincridone Gold paint and added some stamping for scratch effects.






Thanks so much for stopping by – I hope you like my grungy tin!
Nikki

Thank you so much Nikki for sharing this fabulous project and inspiration for the current challenge Industrial/Grungy

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That's gorgeous Nikki! I love the colours and layers of texture you've achieved with the different mediums. Those cogs look fabulous too. Thank you for being our guest and sharing such a great tutorial for this fantastic piece of altered art . Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project Nikki! love all the rusty texture and that great green color! It's always nice to have a container for 'stuff' and especially nice to have it look so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much wonderful texture Nikki and the patina colour on the base is fantastic! Love the way you re-purposed the tin and thanks for sharing the 'how to'. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you added these layers and the fabulous texture! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. very beautiful and so lovely work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete