Thursday 26 April 2018

Using stamps and stencils in pottery painting.

Good Morning all! How are you today? I hope you are well. Today I want to bring you another way to use your rubber stamps and that is in pottery painting. Those of you that follow my blog will be aware that this has become a love of mine - but I have before this post - been stamping in distress inks onto pots and then painting over them. For this post I have tried actually stamping in glaze and also using glaze through stencils to make a vase look pretty!


I have used Kay Carley stamps and stencils from paperartsy throughout this process. I started with a square vase, my stencil, some dobbers and some glaze. I applied the glaze through the stencil to each surface of the pot.

This is one stencilled side. I used a different coloured glaze for the butterflies.

Next I brayered out some glaze onto a piece of acetate and then used a stamp to apply this to the pot.


I did some more stamping using some flower stamps and painted these in to complete the design.


After firing this is what my vase looks like ...


and here's another side too!

I hope you might think about using your stamps and stencils on pottery too - the stronger colours work best for the stamping and the stencilling works really well as you can easily add more than one coat!

Have a great day!

Hugs

Rachel xx

11 comments:

  1. Stunning creation Rachel!
    Lula xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Rachel. Tracy ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your pottery projects and this one is no exception, it is beautiful Rachel! Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful Rachel! What a fantastic way to use stamps and stencils ! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project Rachel, the stencilling and stamping is so effective. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete