Thursday 19 April 2018

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Ioulia !

Hello and welcome back ! Today we are welcoming Ioulia as our Guest Designer, Ioulia was the winner of the Off to Collage challenge and was therefore invited to join us for a day. Let's move on to hear from Ioulia:




Hi Stamps and Stencils lovers! I am Ioulia Deligiannidou (julD) from Greece. I live in Thessaloniki, it is a seaside city. I am so happy to be a Guest Designer at Stamps and Stencils. It is such an honour to be here today. Thank you so much.
I loved painting and crafting from my early years, but instead of becoming an artist I became an engineer who loves to create things in her free time. So, crafting is my hobby. I love to create with whatever I can get my hands on. Mixed media fascinated me because I can combine many techniques and materials. My favourites are clay and texture in paintings. 

My project is a mixed media painting on mdf.


At first, I applied modelling paste with stencils on an mdf  board..


Then, I used a coat of white gesso and when it was dry, I added two colours of acrylic paint. While the paints were still wet, I dropped drops of alcohol. The paint reacts and creates a circular effect.


I used oil paint and wiped it back with a cloth. I rub with sandpaper the flowers.


I stamped with circles, words and butterflies stamps.


 I stuck gold leaf to the petals of the big flower.

 
I applied gesso and acrylic paints with alcochol drops on a second mdf board to use it as a frame. I wiped back the alcohol with kitchen roll.



I stuck the two mdf boards together and I applied gold paste at the edges.




I hope you like it. 




You can find me

Wow Ioulia your project is gorgeous ! Thank you so much for joining us today and providing such fabulous inspiration for the current challenge, In the Meadow.  

There's still plenty of time to join us !

3 comments:

  1. A fabulous project Loulia! I love the gold against those rich blues. I must give the alcohol ink technique a go too. Thank you for supporting Stamps and Stencils and being our guest designer. Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely glorious project Loulia, the gold and blues are a winning combination...love your take, very inspirational! Thanks so much for joining us Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! this is Gorgeous and is worthy of a gallery showing!

    ReplyDelete