Thursday 15 March 2018

Inspiration Post - Be Brave

Hi everyone, Lula here with my first inspiration post!
I decided to encourage you a bit to join us in our current challenge Wax Lyrical.
Although I am not an expert in this field I would like to show you that anyone could play with wax, even not having special, fancy tools!
I can guarantee you great fun!


I have prepared a male card where I used wax seal refills ( the one and only wax I could buy here) in silver and gold, to make a background.


Using my heat tool I started by melting the wax on gessoed piece of cardboard.




Here you can see a coat of  wax and some dripping added.

Unfortunately the whole piece started to crack...



so I gave it a coat of Deco Art crackle glaze to emphasize the effect.






I stamped some images on tissue paper and glued them with gel medium to the background.



I finish my piece off adding more stamping and some metal elements. 

I hope this inspires you to have a go at playing with wax


There is still time for you to enter our current challenge.....



4 comments:

  1. A fabulous project Lula! Love how you have created the gorgeous metallic background and all the stamped and dimensional embellishments embedded in it. I shall be on the look out for those metallic wax sticks ! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely amazing Lula! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Lula ! I love the metallic melted wax, it's so effective ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a brilliant way to achieve this effect! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete